I’ve thought a long time before buying equipments. I checked my main goal, my selection criteria and needs. The budget was not a problem for me. I wanted a home gym that doesn’t take too much space since I live in an apartment. I also wanted to be able to train my power with heavy weights.
My solution has been to buy 2 adjustable dumbbells (adjustable from 10lbs to 90lbs per incrementation of 5lbs), an incline bench, a door pull-ups, and an abs carpet.
- The “Adjustable Dumbbells” doesn’t take space at all. Wow… and give me the possibility to develop my muscle mass and power at home I can train my whole body with just these 2 dumbbells.
- The “Incline Bench” give me the possibility to a lot of exercises like (Bench Press / Incline Bench Press / Decline Bench Press / Military Press / Abs / Dumbbell Rows, Bench Dips, etc…) It also give me the possibility to buy a “PowerRack” with an “Olympic Barbell” if I get more space in the futur.
- I’ve bought the “Dumbbell Stand” since I lift heavy weights to avoid injure to my back.
- The “Door Pull-Ups Bar” take no space and is essential to work the back muscles properly with some Pull-Ups and Chin-Ups.
- The “Abs Carpet” is a great addition since it take no space, it’s light and easy to store after the gym sceance.
There is my home gym :
1- Bowflex SelectTech 1090 Adjustable Dumbbell (Pair) * Essential
2- Bowflex SelectTech Adjustable Bench Series 5.1 * Essential
3- Bowflex SelectTech Dumbbell Stand (2013) (Not essential but great addition)
Final Result :
4- Iron Gym Pull Ups Bar – Extreme Edition * Essential
5- Abs Carpet (Not essential but great addition)